What is AAC?
Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) is a certified green building material, which can be used for commercial, industrial and residential construction. It is porous, non-toxic, reusable, renewable and recyclable.
When was AAC first developed?
AAC was developed in 1924 by a Swedish architect, who was looking for an alternate building material with properties similar to that of wood – good thermal insulation, solid structure and easy to work with – but without the disadvantage of combustibility, decay and termite damage.
What are Biltech ACE blocks/panels made
Biltech ACE blocks and panels are manufactured using fly ash mixed with cement, lime, water and an aerating agent. The resultant building material, comprising millions of tiny air pores, is set and cut into blocks and panels of varying sizes.
What are the advantages of using Biltech
- Makes productive use of recycled
industrial waste (fly ash).
- Non-polluting manufacturing process
– the only by-product is steam.
- Made of non-toxic ingredients.
- Does not exude gases.
- Total energy consumption for
producing Biltech ACE is less than ½ of
what it takes to produce other building
- 3-4 times
lighter than traditional bricks,
therefore, easier and cheaper to
- A Biltech ACE block weighs
approximately 50% less than a standard
A Biltech ACE panel weighs
approximately 30% of standard
- Usage reduces overall dead load of a
building, thereby allowing construction
of taller buildings.
- Thermally Insulated & Energy Efficient
- Tiny air pores and thermal mass of blocks provide excellent thermal insulation, thus reducing heating and air conditioning costs of a building.
- Fire Resistant
- Non-combustible and fire resistant up to 1600°
- Can withstand up to 6 hours of direct
- Acoustic Performance
Superior sound absorption qualities due
to porous structure of blocks.
- Offers sound attenuation of about 42
dB, blocking out all major sounds and
- Ideal for schools, hospitals,
hotels, offices, multi-family housing
and other structures that require
- Easy Workability and Design Flexibility
Blocks can be easily cut, drilled,
nailed, milled and grooved to fit
- Available in custom sizes.
- Simplifies hydro-sanitary and
electrical installations, such as pipes
or ducts, which can be installed after
the main construction is complete.
- Retains properties over time.
- Made of non-allergenic material.
- Use of Biltech ACE improves indoor air
- Earthquake Resistant
Lightweight blocks reduce mass of a
structure, thus decreasing the impact of
an earthquake on a building.
- Non-combustible nature provides an
advantage against fires, which commonly
- Available in exact sizes.
- Results in smooth walls with perfect contact
between different elements.
- Reduces cement and steel usage.
- Termite/Pest Resistant
- Due to structure of blocks, Biltech ACE cannot
be damaged or infested by termites and other
- Cost Effective
operating cost by 30% to 40%.
- Reduces overall construction cost by
2.5% as it requires less jointing and
reduces need for cement and steel.
- High-insulation blocks save up to
30% in energy costs.
- Variety in sizes of blocks helps
increase carpet area.
- Wall painting and plastering last
longer as almost nil efflorescence
affects Biltech ACE. This translates
into lower maintenance costs.
- Faster Construction
Reduces construction time by 20%.
- Different sizes of blocks help
reduce the number of joints in wall
- Lighter blocks make construction
easier and faster.
- Easy to install. Sets and hardens